Welcome to the Volunteer Program for the residents of McLean County Nursing Home! As potential volunteer working with the residents of McLean County Nursing Home, you can be a very important part of our team. Our goal is to provide quality care in an atmosphere that allows both residents and their families to feel at ease during the resident's stay in the nursing home. Through your efforts, the McLean County Nursing Home has achieved a solid reputation in the community for providing consistent, quality care for those who reside here.
Listed below are a few qualities that are useful for us to find in our volunteers:
- A solid interest in the elderly,
Becoming a volunteer will involve:
- Filling out an application
- Taking a tour of the facility
- Reviewing the guidelines for volunteers
- Reviewing general guidelines for working with the aged
- Being introduced to staff and/or residents
- Asked to have a TB test if appropriate (provided by the McLean County Nursing Home and/or the McLean County Health Department at no cost to you).
Thanks for your interest in helping McLean County Nursing Home!
Please click on the links below for information on Volunteer Guidelines and for an Application for becoming a Volunteer at McLean County Nursing Home. For questions or inquires contact Ginny Ramlow, Volunteer Coordinator, at (309) 888-5316 or via email at
List of Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Risk Management Policy
Conditions of Volunteer Service