Notary Public Application
This application is for New and Renewal Applicants
Download the Notary Public Application
After downloading and printing the application for a commission as a notary public, please complete and mail the application as instructed by the Secretary of State.
- The State will send your commission to the McLean County Clerk's Office, and we will notify you by mail when it is ready.
- There is a fee of $7 (in person) or $10 (by mail or online) for the recording in the Clerk's Office.
- Acquisition of the rubber stamp is your responsibility.
Requests in Person
- Bring your unexpired driver’s license or state-issued ID.
- We accept cash or check.
- Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (except for county holidays).
- Driving directions.
Requests by Mail
All mail requests must include a copy of a signature ID (driver's license, State ID or passport) which shows an unexpired date. Make your check payable to McLean County Clerk.
View the Notary Handbook
State's website, including FAQ's and Notary Public Search