Tax Year 2017 Payable 2018 Calendar of Events
***All dates subject to change.
- Apr 25: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- Apr 27: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 04: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date).
- Sep 04: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date).
- Oct 5: Certified Funds required on payments
paid/postmarked on or after this date. Certified fee of $10.00 assessed and letters mailed on delinquent parcels. (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135)
- Oct 9: Deadline to pay to avoid publication of delinquent taxes in newspaper (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). Certified funds required. Publication will run between October 15th and 19th.
- Oct 25: Last day to pay by credit card.
- Oct 31: Judgment Hearing in Circuit Court.
- Oct 31: Final day payments will be accepted. Final payment must be received in certified funds in the Treasurer's Office before 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 01: Property Tax Sale (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205) at 9:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL.