- 7:00 PM
- First Tuesday of each month
- Government Center
115 E. Washington St.
Bloomington, IL 61702-2400
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) is a seven-member citizen board organized under the zoning ordinance to hear several types of zoning issues. These include:
- Appeals of a determination made by the director of Building and Zoning
- Permissions for certain uses under zoning named as special uses in the zoning ordinance
- Requests for changes in zoning classification (map amendments)
- Requests for relief from specific requirements of the ordinance through variance requests
A citizen may apply for a public hearing, pay a filing fee, and present his/her case to the ZBA. In some instances, the ZBA makes a final decision on the request, but in most instances, the ZBA makes a recommendation to the full County Board for their final consideration.
Publications, Agendas, Minutes & Audio
Publications are available two weeks prior to the meeting.
Most Recent Publication | View All Publications
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas
Staff Report Packets are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Staff Report Packets | View All Staff Reports
Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes | View All Minutes
Audio is available following the meeting.
Most Recent Audio | View All Audio
Posted in order of appearance before Zoning Board of Appeals.
View All Zoning Applications
See additional documents and audio related to ZBA hearings and issues.
McLean County Zoning Ordinance