About Health Promotion
The Health Promotion Division helps make it easier for all residents of McLean County to make healthy choices and live healthy lives. Health Promotion staff members educate the community on important health issues and ways to prevent disease, promote positive health behaviors, assess the community's health, and advocate for and enforce policy, system, and environmental change.
What We Do:
- Provide health education presentations on many topics, including healthy eating/active living, and tobacco
- Host and attend informative and interactive health fairs
- Develop and distribute health literature
- Promote and enforce the Smoke-Free Illinois Act
- Facilitate tobacco cessation programs
- Serve as a resource for creating and implementing tobacco-free policies as well as workplace wellness programs
- Contribute to community health needs assessments and develop community health improvement plans
- Coordinate the McLean County Government Employee Wellness Program
For more information about the Health Promotion Division, please call (309) 888-5446.