Restaurant Operators

I'd like to Open a Restaurant. What Do I Need to Know to Comply with Food Safety Rules?

Resources You Need to Produce & Serve Food Safely

Whether you operate a food establishment or would like to sell homemade foods, there are permits, applications, and registrations you need to know about.

If you're a restaurant owner, you can download the applications you need to start or expand your food service business.

Before You Begin

Look through our booklet, Answers for Food Service Operators (PDF). You'll find answers to questions about

  • Licensing
  • Inspections
  • Food-related illness
  • New construction and remodeling
  • Management certification
  • Other information critical to your restaurant business success.

Where Can I Pay? Who Can I Contact with Questions?

Contact the McLean County Health Department to pay fees directly or by mail:
McLean County Health Department
200 W Front Street, Room 204
Bloomington, IL 61701

Phone: 309-888-5482 or Fax: 309-888-5506

Are You Renewing a Food Permit with No Changes?

If you are renewing a Food Permit with no changes, you can pay online. Be aware that once you pay your food permit fees, they cannot be refunded if your project is canceled.

Free Restaurant Opening Sign Packet

Be sure to check out the Restaurant Opening Sign Packet. These are signs you'll be required to print and display at your food service establishment.

Food Permits Forms

Ready to get started? Go to the links below to apply for your food permit.