IDDC (Intellectual and Developmental Disability Collaborative)
The McLean County Health Department’s IDDC is housed in the Behavioral Health Program at MCHD. IDDC was created to develop an inclusive partnership between agencies, organizations, stakeholders, and community members within McLean County to create a collaborative system of care and development to better serve individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. IDDC members collectively advocate and increase education, awareness and address the gaps of service, focusing on inclusion on behalf of and with intellectual and developmental disability world faces.
The Intellectual and Developmental Disability Collaborative aims to create a place where all belong and thrive through continuous transformation.
The Intellectual and Developmental Disability Collaborative will use our collective voice to educate, raise awareness, and advocate for needed change alongside people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their caregivers.
- The IDDC respects, values, and celebrates the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they embody.
- Out Strength lies in the diversity of experience, thought, and action among the board range of people we serve and the agencies we represent.
- Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion are a foundation for the work we do, and a driver of organizational excellence.
IDDC includes the following two subcommittees:
- The Advocacy Committee
- Act as a change agent through the coordination and facilitation of outreach, on behalf of IDDC, to enhance opportunities for local agencies and persons affected by or serving those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Resource Directory Committee
- IDDC Membership Directory
- Create a comprehensive resource directory by researching, documenting, and analyzing McLean County resources that serve individuals with an IDD and/or their loved ones. The purpose of this resource directory is to provide a simplified process for individuals to identify available community services