Calendar of Events
Tax Year 2019 Payable 2020 Calendar of Events
Unavailable at this time
Tax Year 2018 Payable 2019 Calendar of Events
- Apr 26: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- Apr 29: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 03: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date).
- Jun 17: Mobile Home Tax due; (Per 35 ILCS 515/9), interest penalty of $25.00 per month for all payments made after this date.
- Sep 03: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date).
- Oct 04: Certified Funds required on payments paid/postmarked on or after this date. Certified fee of $10.00 assessed and letters mailed on delinquent parcels. (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135)
- Oct 08: Deadline to pay to avoid publication of delinquent taxes in newspaper (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). All payments must be received and receipted by this date to avoid publication. Collector will assume no liability for items sent by U.S. Mail or unsettled electronic transactions. Collector strongly recommends that payments sent by U.S. Mail are remitted no less than 10 days prior to this date to allow time for delivery. Certified funds required.
- Oct 14: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes will run between October 14th and 18th.
- Oct 26: Last day to pay by credit card.
- Oct 30: Judgment Hearing in Circuit Court. Application for judgement and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent taxes.
- Oct 31: Final day payments will be accepted. Final payment must be received in certified funds in the Treasurer's Office before 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 01: Property Tax Sale (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205) at 9:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL.
***All dates subject to change.