- Departments G - Z
- Treasurer & Tax Collector
- Calendar of Events
Calendar of Events
Tax Year 2022 Payable 2023 Calendar of Events
- Apr 26: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- Apr 28: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 5: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest penalty of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after June 5th.
- Jun 15: Mobile Home Tax due; (Per 35 ILCS 515/9), interest penalty of $25.00 per month for all payments made/postmarked after June 15th.
- Sep 05: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest penalty of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after Sep 05.
- Oct 05: Last day to pay in office with personal check. Certified funds required on payments paid/postmarked after this date.
- Oct 09: Certified fee of $10.00 assessed and letters mailed on delinquent parcels. (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135).
- Oct 11: Last day to pay in office with certified funds to avoid publication (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). All payments must be received and receipted by this date to avoid publication. Collector will assume no liability for items sent by U.S. Mail or unsettled electronic transactions.
- Oct 16: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes will run between 10/16/2023 and 10/20/2023.
- Oct 27: Last day to pay amount due by credit card online or by IVR.
- Nov 02: Judgment Hearing in Circuit Court. Application for judgment and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent Real Estate & Mobile Home taxes.
- Nov 02: Final day payments will be accepted, must be certified funds and made in the office prior to 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 03: Delinquent Tax Sale begins at 10:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205)
***All dates subject to change.