Calendar of Events
Tax Year 2019 Payable 2020 Calendar of Events
- May 06: Online & IVR data/payment services available.
- May 11: Real Estate tax bills scheduled to be mailed.
- Jun 17: First installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after July 17.
- July 17: Mobile Home Tax due; (Per 35 ILCS 515/9), interest penalty of $25.00 per month for all payments made after this date.
- Sep 17: Second installment due; (Per 35 ILCS 200/21/15, interest of 1.5% per month applied to payments paid/postmarked after this date.
- Oct 19: Certified Funds required on payments paid/postmarked on or after this date. Certified fee of $10.00 assessed and letters mailed on delinquent parcels. (Per 35 ILCS 200/20-25 & 35 ILCS 200/21-135)
- Oct 27: Deadline to pay to avoid publication of delinquent taxes in newspaper (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-110). All payments must be received and receipted by this date to avoid publication. Collector will assume no liability for items sent by U.S. Mail or unsettled electronic transactions. Collector strongly recommends that payments sent by U.S. Mail are remitted no less than 10 days prior to this date to allow time for delivery. Certified funds required.
- Nov 02: Newspaper publication of delinquent taxes will run between November 2 & 5th.
- Nov 09: Last day to pay by credit card.
- Nov 16: Judgment Hearing in Circuit Court. Application for judgement and order of sale obtained by the Collector on delinquent taxes.
- Nov 16: Final day payments will be accepted. Final payment must be received in certified funds in the Treasurer’s Office before 4:30 P.M. to avoid tax sale. (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-165) No payments will be accepted on the day of the tax sale.
- Nov 17: Property Tax Sale (Per 35 ILCS 200/21-205) at 9:00 A.M. in Rm 400 of the Government Center, 115 E. Washington, Bloomington, IL.
***All dates subject to change.