What if I object to my tax bill?
If you think that your tax bill is not fair you must pay the taxes and file a tax objection complaint with the Circuit Clerk (also known as a payment under protest). You must also appear in court to explain the objection to the tax bill amount. View the following link for Circuit Clerk contact information.Circuit Clerk

Show All Answers

1. What is property tax?
2. Who pays property taxes and who is affected by them?
3. What if I object to my tax bill?
4. What if I don't receive my tax bill?
5. How much are interest penalties and when are interest charges assessed?
6. How is my tax bill calculated?
7. How much is the convenience fee for paying by credit card?
8. Where can I pay my taxes?
9. What if I have sold the property?
10. Can I make a partial payment?
11. Does the Treasurer's Office send receipts for taxes that are paid?
12. Who do I call if there is a problem with my tax bill?